For those looking to start a new business or expand an existing one, Bordentown City, Burlington County and the State of New Jersey offer a variety of services and resources designed to help you reach your goals.
NJ Business Action Center – Starting a Business Checklist
The Burlington County Department of Economic Development is housed within the Burlington County Bridge Commission. It is responsible for helping to improve business aspects in the county.
- Interactive search for available land and building space in the county.
- Objective and confidential assistance when your firm is considering relocation.
- Professional planning services for regional planning within the county; community and municipal planning; and managing and analyzing data and information for planning services.
- Grant-writing for economic development-related projects.
- Infrastructure improvements for local communities.
- Professional services for redevelopment and development projects.
Other country resources available to businesses include:
State of New Jersey
As a leading national and international center for business, the State of New Jersey supports several initiatives supporting large and small businesses.
The New Jersey Business Action Center (NJBAC) is a business-first resource that can help you get answers from government agencies, direct you to appropriate officials or contacts, facilitate meetings and follow-ups with regulatory agencies and so much more, all at no cost and strictly confidential.
Whether you are an entrepreneur, own a business on “Main Street”, are located on a corporate campus, or interested in expanding your products and services through export, the NJBAC is there to help you. The business advocacy team within the NJ Department of State is dedicated to solving problems and maximizing growth opportunities.
Additional information is available at the New Jersey Business Portal.